Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Wife

Many days we've seen this world.
Together, never as far apart as most.
Remembering lesser stones and hills receiving your praise.

Last time I spoke to the masses my speech had more to do
with her than having to do with nothing.

I speak to you and them as so the you is given more importance.

She is an absolute truth, even if her ocean may sometimes drown me.
A fire will be needing quenching and help to burn in equal balance.

I remember and there was knowing that there was a you swimming
amongst imagination and other loud minds but not
knowing exactly who you'd be this time.
I'm assured that you have been the nurturer of my existences.
Even if it didn't involve the children we've had.

I fought her and I won.
She or her as I call her on blind days.
Maybe moments... feels like days.
Vision returns after and I would pluck out her eyes.

You are many cliches but the one that makes you a goddess is
that you are a human.
That you complete me.
That I'd die without you.
These words repeated by many lovers could not
hold as much passion and truth when I say them.
There hasn't even been enough poems and songs to venerate you.

If you in your life, if in the next, you people encounter
no shine, no bright fields.
Just dry bibles of restrained love, then keep on
dying till you find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment